Articles & Blogs
Federal Rights Project staff frequently write articles for legal journals and blogs for leading Web-based news sites.
- ACS Blog: Liberal Justices Miss the Point
Directing Attorney Rochelle Bobroff writes: "None of the present members of the Court have taken on his role of objecting to the conservative assault on court access to enforce civil rights, consumer protection, and safety net statutes. Their relative ...
- ACS Blog on Solicitor General’s Amicus Brief Against Pre-Emption
(6/9/2011) Simon Lazarus writes "that such a position could be taken in the name of this administration 'bitterly disappointed' the administration's most committed friends and supporters." Read more.
- ACS Blog: Supreme Court Ignores Federal Arbitration Act
May 6, 2011 -- Rochelle Bobroff criticizes majority option: "this mode of interpretation is totally contrary to the duty of judges to uphold the law." Read more.
- Slate: Paul Ryan’s Individual Mandate
Published on 2011/05/03
In a blog, Simon Lazarus writes: The Ryan roadmap compels Americans to buy insurance --just like Obamacare does. Read more.
- ACS Spotlights Lazarus Issue Brief on Health Reform Lawsuits
ACS is pleased to distribute "The Health Care Lawsuits: Unraveling A Century of Constitutional Law and the Fabric of Modern American Government," an Issue Brief by Simon Lazarus, Public Policy Counsel at NSCLC. Read more.
- ACS Blog Parses Florida Health Reform Decision
ACS Blog, Oct. 18, 2010. NSCLC's Lazarus parses Judge Vinson's Oct. 14 decision in Florida v. Sebelius and clarifies what it means. Read the article.
- Legal Services Attorney Fees Are Obtainable in Pending Cases
An article in the July/August Clearinghouse Review Journal by NSCLC's Rochelle Bobroff sets forth the legal basis for seeking fees for work performed in pending cases.
- Obama and Senate Dems on the Court: On-Message, For a Change
Public Policy Counsel Si Lazarus on April 20 posted his article, "Obama and Senate Dems on the Court: On-Message, For a Change," on Huffington Post. When posted, it was featured on HuffPo’s politics page.
- ACS Blog: Mandatory Health Insurance: Is It Constitutional?
An issue brief by Simon Lazarus for the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy. Read the issue brief.
- Congress Pushes Back as Supreme Court Oversteps
Nov. 17, 2009
By Simon Lazarus
Special to Roll Call
Since the 1980s, when the late Chief Justice William Rehnquist began steering the Supreme Court toward the right, some of its sharpest swerves have sheared off chunks of Con...