October 5, 2010 Webinar
ochelle Bobroff and Sergio Eduardo Munoz of the Federal Rights Project, an initiative of the National Senior Citizens Law Center, discuss many significant cases posted on the federal rights listserv in the past year and a half.
Learn about recent Supreme Court and court of appeals cases and trends regarding:
1. The Supremacy Clause and Preemption
2. The Eleventh Amendment, Sovereign Immunity, Official Immunity and Ex Parte Young
3. Attorneys’ Fees
4. Preliminary Injunctions Post-Winter
5. Pleading Standards after Twombly/Iqbal
6. The Ramifications of Gross on Age Discrimination and Antidiscrimination Law Generally
7. Health Care Reform Litigation (Challenges to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010)
8. Spending Clause Challenges
9. Enforcement of Statutory Safety Net and Civil Rights Law
10. Enforcement of Settlements and Consent Decrees
11. Constitutional Civil Rights and Liberties
The webinar will focus on recent developments and presume basic familiarity with these subjects and with cases more than a year and a half old.
Download: PowerPoint | Recording