NSCLC seeks to employ qualified persons, to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to administer all personnel activities in a manner that will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
Are you committed to social justice, passionate about the important role seniors play in our communities, and committed to ensuring that all older adults are free from the harms and stresses of poverty? Do you desire your work to make a national impact that can change the lives of millions of people? Are you interested in a career in non-profit fundraising? If these questions resonate with you, please apply for the Development/Administrative Associate position at the National Senior Citizens Law Center.
The National Senior Citizens Law Center (NSCLC), a 42-year old non-profit advocacy organization with a mission to protect the rights of low-income older adults, seeks a Development and Administrative Associate for our downtown Oakland office. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team whose advocacy and legal expertise have a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of elderly poor, both in California and nationwide. This is a full-time, permanent position with paid health, vacation, and other benefits
This dynamic position will work closely with the Communications Director, Development Director, Executive Director, and the organization’s public interest lawyers. It is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented individual interested in learning about developing a comprehensive individual giving program. The position is 50% administrative, helping us run our Oakland office, and 50% development, working with the Development Director to support direct mail and e-appeals, steward donors, and maintain our donor database. A significant part of the position includes planning and logistics for two annual fundraising and partner appreciation events. Principle administrative responsibilities include general office management duties, office supply orders, and IT troubleshooting, and supporting the preparation and execution of two annual board meetings.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Individual Giving
– Work closely with Development and Communications Directors to implement 4 to 5 segmented, multi-channel solicitation campaigns targeting new and existing donors.
– Collaborate with database manager to ensure donor data is clean and up to date in the SALSA database.
– Run fundraising reports
– Bi-Annual Receptions
– Lead the coordination of all logistics for bi-annual events; one on west coast (LA or SF), one on east coast (DC) with support from both communications associates.
Major Donor Development
– Maintain major donor prospect list using information from donor database and primary and secondary research as a resource for DoD, ED and volunteer solicitors.
– General office support including arrangement of staff travel, submitting travel expense reports, ordering office supplies and maintaining related inventory, coordinating staff meetings, and troubleshooting server/computers/copier
– General IT support
– Maintain records of intakes, staff trainings, presentations, publications for grant reporting purposes.
– Coordinate recruitment of summer law students and post graduate fellowships for all offices, including the updating and posting of job announcements and setting up on-campus interviews. Responsible for all communication and follow-up with applicants.
– Maintain database through regular input and updating of contact information, especially those related to California
– Facilitate training webinars
Candidates should have demonstrated very strong organizational and administrative skills, be very detail oriented, have excellent oral and written communication skills, and Internet research and proofreading skills. They should be able to toggle naturally between short term and long-term projects, and be able to work independently.
The candidate should have:
– A minimum of three years related office experience, with at least 1 year of related development experience
– Interest in individual fundraising
– High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office
– Familiarity with database and online event management software such as Salsa and GotoMeeting
– A high degree of initiative and trustworthiness
– A Bachelor’s degree
Training for software and platforms will be provided, but a working knowledge of the above- mentioned programs is strongly preferred. NSCLC is committed to diversity and encourages people of color to apply.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to Katrina Cohens at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. We will accept applications until the position is filled.